Contractor Dynamics is a Digital Marketing Agency specializing in SEM, SEO and other web services for Contractors. We’re currently seeking a detail-oriented candidate to join our content team to work on our online publications. Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a positive, take on anything, attitude.
The right candidate will have a strong background with a proven track record of success. He/She should demonstrate strong skills in spelling, grammar, with exceptional attention to detail. The right candidate should be able to write persuasive to promote our clients services.
This position is responsible for ensuring that our web properties are clear, accurate to each client, concise, comprehensible and consistent. This role is a vital part of our team here at Contractor Dynamics.
- Part-time (about 10 hours per week)
- Work in our Asbury Park, NJ office
- Must be friendly, energetic, and extremely organized
- You’ll work directly with our internal teams ensuring our clients are getting superior work
- We need your best energy and focus, so the ideal candidate is accountable and can commit to a schedule.
- Be organized and detail oriented
- Be able to follow our processes, and also create new ones where you see a need for improvement
- Be a self-starter and a problem solver. You won’t be micromanaged
- Be accountable for sticking to deadlines
- Thoroughness – The ideal candidate will work carefully, double-check their work, and be able to spot mistakes before they happen
- Willing and able to provide references and to pass a Basic Background Check
- Interested in working in a startup style environment which means you’re ready for different kinds of tasks and challenges
- Write copy for a variety of written materials: websites, landing pages, email campaigns and in some cases video scripts
- Create quality, error-free, on-time content for marketing deliverables
- Produce high-quality copy on tight deadlines
- Edit and rework copy received from project managers
- Write conversion-driving content for B2B and B2C audience that drives user sign-ups and lead conversions
- Create content for in-house marketing as well as for our clients
- Write concise, engaging content using best practices for the given channel/medium
- Optimize content for search engines (where necessary)
- Assist our team with content strategy development
- Work with other members of the marketing team to ensure the content strategy complements and amplifies each campaign
- Create information rich content with the customer in mind, not the search engine
- Experience with online and written publications
- Excellent headline writing and copy editing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to work productively under tight deadlines, juggling several projects at one time
- Sound decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work well with individuals within the company
- 3-5 years writing experience
We believe in quality over quantity, the right candidate will be expected to create persuasive, conversion-driven content that the user can relate to.
Bonus but not required
- Familiar with Trello, Basecamp, Slack and other project management tools.
- Experience writing with construction, roofing, remodeling industry.
Benefits of the Position & Other Details
- We move fast, and sometimes make mistakes. If you need a clear, annotated guideline and success map, then you probably won’t love it here. We prefer working with people with initiative that want clear goals, but the freedom to achieve them any way they prefer. We will work on goals and strategy together.
- If you’re hungry to learn, we’ll teach you anything we know about business and marketing. This position is as much about personal and professional growth as it is getting the work done.
- You should have a genuine interest in business and making a difference. You’re not just looking for a job; you’re looking to build and expand your skill set and be a key member of a growing team. You likely have an growth mindset, are looking for real experience, and generally enjoy this type of work.
This Sounds Awesome. How Do I Apply?
We’ll respond within 72 hours to set up an interview or to let you know that we’re not a good fit.
We’re looking for someone to begin by December 1, 2017.