Part-Time Content Editor
Contractor Dynamics is a digital marketing firm specializing in SEM, SEO and other web services for Contractors. We’re currently seeking a detail-oriented candidate to join our content team to work on our online publications. Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a positive, take on anything, attitude.
The right candidate will have a strong background with a track record of success. He/She should demonstrate strong skills in spelling, grammar, with exceptional attention to detail. Previous experience editing is a must.The right candidate will be able to provide previous work with online and traditional publications.
This position is responsible for ensuring that our online publications are clear, accurate to each client, concise, comprehensible and consistent. This role is a vital part of our team here at Contractor Dynamics.
- Full-time (about 40 hours per week; 9-5)
- Work in our Asbury Park, NJ office
- Must be friendly, energetic, and extremely organized
- You must have previous experience, previous agency experience is a plus
- You’ll work directly with our internal teams ensuring our clients are getting superior work
- We need your best energy and focus, so the ideal candidate is accountable and can commit to a schedule.
- Be organized and detail oriented
- Be able to follow our processes, and also create new ones where you see a need for improvement
- Be a self-starter and a problem solver. You won’t be micromanaged
- Be accountable for sticking to deadlines
- Thoroughness – The ideal candidate will work carefully, double-check their work, and be able to spot mistakes before they happen
- Willing and able to provide references and to pass a Basic Background Check
- Be interested in working in a startup style environment which means you’re ready for different kinds of tasks and challenges
- Review work from our content team
- Evaluate and edit articles, blog posts and e-newsletters for grammar, content, style and organization
- Collaborate with writers, account managers, developers, social media strategists, and other team members to ensure the overall content narrative and design elements all reflect the intention of the project
- Draft socially optimized headlines, subheads, captions and blurbs
- Be up-to-speed about native advertising/custom content trends and competitors
- Provide guidance to writers regarding style, content, context, etc. questions
- Oversee fact checking assignments ensuring all content is relevant to client
- Write occasional articles
- Digital-savvy editor with the ability edit to content for the web
- Ability to think, write and edit conceptually, visually and digitally
- 3+ years writing and editing on business and related general construction topics for major publications
- Experience writing and editing articles, narratives, infographics, doc video concepts, captions, blurbs, headlines
- Branded content/content marketing writing/editing experience
- Ability to flexibly write/edit in many different styles, tones and audiences
- Ability to write and edit quickly and turn on a dime
Benefits of the Position & Other Details
- We move fast, and sometimes make mistakes. If you need a clear, annotated guideline and success map, then you probably won’t love it here. We prefer working with people with initiative that want clear goals, but the freedom to achieve them any way they prefer. We will work on goals and strategy together.
- If you’re hungry to learn, we’ll teach you anything we know about business and marketing. This position is as much about personal and professional growth as it is getting the work done.
- You should have a genuine interest in business and making a difference. You’re not just looking for a job; you’re looking to build and expand your skill set and be a key member of a growing team. You likely have an growth mindset, are looking for real experience, and generally enjoy this type of work.
This Sounds Awesome. How Do I Apply?
We’ll respond within 72 hours to set up an interview or to let you know that we’re not a good fit.
Up to ten hours per week
We’re looking for someone to begin by December 1, 2017.