Are you looking to develop a marketing and business skill set working with a growing company?
Are you a self-starter who takes ownership of your work?
We’re a US-based digital marketing agency (more about us) looking to grow significantly over the next 24 months, and we need your help to do it. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset, are seeking to build a valuable skill set, and be a key member of a growing team, this position may be for you.
You’ll work directly with the leadership team in developing local SEO strategies for our clients, planning quarterly work, executing the work, reporting, and sharpening our existing systems. If you’re hungry to learn, and begin or further your entrepreneurial journey, we’d love to get to know you!
What We’re Looking For:
We’re looking for an A-Player – someone dedicated to our agency and to our clients.
From day one, you’re going to be thrown into the trenches of the business and expected to adapt quickly to whatever situation you may find yourself in.
No excuses. No surrender. Just hard work day in and day out.
What Will The Day to Day Look Like?
Analysis – Analyzing prospective and current clients’ situations, their competitors, and recommending a course of action (SEO analysis, web presence analysis, competitor analysis, SEO plan, etc.).
Strategy – 80% of what we do for our clients is standardized. We have a strategy and processes for fulfilling that work. You will be responsible for continually improving that strategy and those processes.
Planning – You will be responsible for planning SEO work for our clients on a quarterly basis. This involves analysis of each client, what they need, their budget, and what work we will do for them for the quarter.
Executing – You will be accountable for making sure all of the client SEO work gets done, and gets done in a quality and timely way. We have content writers and assistants to support you, so you can delegate some of the work to them. But you will be accountable for ensuring the work’s completeness and quality.
Reporting – We send detailed monthly reports to our clients. You will work with our team to compile those reports. We would also like you to help improve our reports and our reporting process.
Collaborating With a Distributed Team – On a daily basis, you will be working with our team of writers, project managers, web strategists, designers, and programmers.
Staying Current – Our clients pay us for results. So we need to make sure we’re always staying cutting edge, testing new tactics, and maximizing our clients’ marketing dollars. We will count on you to lead this continuous innovation.
We’ll train you on whatever you need, but you need to have some real world SEO experience. We’re looking for someone who gets excited about learning and trying new things and who can adapt quickly.
- Be based in North America
- Work Monday-Friday daytime hours, about 20 hours per week
- Demonstrable SEO and online marketing experience
- Be organized and detail oriented
- Know your way around the Internet – social media, online research, WordPress, etc.
- Be able to follow our processes, and also create new ones where you see a need for improvement
- Be a self-starter and a problem solver. You won’t be micromanaged
- Be accountable for sticking to deadlines
Benefits of the Position & Other Details
- This position is location-independent, which means you can work from your home, coffee shop, or wherever you get those creative juices flowing. We just need you to be in North America.
- You’ll be an integral part of our growing company, so we’re looking for a minimum 6 month commitment.
- We move fast, and sometimes make mistakes. If you need a clear, annotated guideline and success map, then you probably won’t love it here. We prefer working with people with initiative that want clear goals, but the freedom to achieve them any way they prefer. We will work on goals and strategy together.
- If you’re hungry to learn, we’ll teach you anything we know about business and marketing. This position is as much about personal and professional growth as it is getting the work done.
- We’re focused on outcomes, not hours clocked. So if you can think of ways to work smarter and not harder, we’re wide open to that.
- You should have a genuine interest in business, local online marketing, and marketing in general. You’re not just looking for a job; you’re looking to build a skill set and be a key member of a growing team. You likely have an entrepreneurial mindset, are looking for real experience, and generally enjoy this type of work.
We will be paying an entry-level salary to start, with plenty of room for growth. This is an independent contractor position.
You will be evaluated quarterly and yearly. As your role and responsibility increases, so will the perks and benefits.
The more ass you kick, the more you’ll get paid and the bigger doors you’ll open.
This Sounds Awesome. How Do I Apply?
Send an email to email@example.com with SEO EXPERT in the subject line.
We’ll respond within 72 hours to set up an interview or to let you know that we’re not a good fit.
We’re looking for someone to begin immediately